News (Proprietary)
Holly Willoughby charged with 'driving carelessly' in her Mini Cooper
30+ min ago (507+ words) Holly Willoughby has been charged with driving her "25,000 Mini Cooper without due care and attention, with the case set to be heard by magistrates this week. The 44-year-old TV presenter is alleged to have committed the offence near her "3 million London home on August 28. According to sentencing guidelines, the former This Morning host could face up to nine penalty points on her licence and a fine, The Sun reports. The mother-of-three appears on a list of cases to be heard at Lavender Hill Magistrates Court on Tuesday, under her married name. Although she could choose to appear in person, most traffic cases are resolved by entering a plea without attending court. The charge, under section 3 of the Road Traffic Act 1988, can cover activities from being distracted behind the wheel, to putting on make-up, arguing with passengers or tailgating other vehicles....
UK plans criminal justice overhaul to cut case backlog
48+ min ago (106+ words) [ British Foreign Secretary David Lammy walks along Downing Street on the day British Prime Minister Keir Starmer held an emergency meeting to discuss the Israel-Iran conflict, June 18, 2025. (photo credit: Chris J. Ratcliffe/Reuters)]The UK government will propose reforms to modernize courts and speed up trials, addressing nearly 80,000 delayed cases and putting victims "front and centre" of the justice system. UK plans justice overhaul to prioritize victims by cutting court delays The UK government will propose reforms to modernize courts and speed up trials, addressing nearly 80,000 delayed cases and putting victims "front and centre" of the justice system....
Bail denied: prosecutor sounds alarm as man allegedly touches woman in her home
50+ min ago (356+ words) A man with a history of sexually abusing children has been refused bail after he allegedly touched a woman while professing his love. Sporting a rolled-up prison jumper and white facial hair, the man - who cannot be named for legal reasons - beamed into Bathurst Local Court from prison on November 19, 2025 to apply for bail. Held on remand, the man is yet to enter a plea to a charge of sexually touching another person. It is alleged the man went to a woman's home in Gormans Hill on November 2, 2025 and sexually touched her without her consent while professing his love. He is accused of kissing her on the lips, rubbing her breast and vagina, and saying "I bet you're loving it, aren't you?" The pair had been getting to know each other over a period of time and would regularly see…...
Lammy says justice reforms will reduce victims' suffering - as right to jury trial set to go in some cases
1+ hour, 13+ min ago (554+ words) Shadow justice secretary Robert Jenrick hits out at the expected changes, saying Britons shouldn't lose "ancient liberties", but Mr Lammy insists reforms are vital to deliver for victims and cut a huge crown court backlog. Sunday 30 November 2025 06:23, UK Victims will be put "front and centre" in reforms to be announced this week, the justice secretary has said, amid reports jury trials will be scrapped in some cases. Sky News understands ministers have already been briefed on the changes, which would see a judge decide most cases on their own except for murder, rape or manslaughter - or those in the "public interest". The Ministry of Justice (MoJ) said the reforms would speed up justice and save victims from "years of torment and delay". Nearly 80,000 cases are currently waiting to be heard in crown courts, but a bid to limit the right…...
Entertainment News | Austrian Influencer Goes Missing After Holiday Party, Found Dead in Forest After Ex Makes Chilling Confession
1+ hour, 32+ min ago (236+ words) Los Angeles [US], November 30 (ANI): An Austrian beauty influencer who had been missing for nearly a week was found dead inside a suitcase in a remote forest in Slovenia, with authorities alleging she was strangled by her ex-boyfriend, according to the New York Post. Stefanie Pieper, 31, known online for her beauty and lifestyle content, disappeared after returning from a Christmas party on November 23. Her body was recovered on Friday after police were allegedly led to the site by her ex-boyfriend, also 31, who is now in custody, according to an Austrian newspaper, as per the publication. Also Read | CID's Abhijeet Aka Aditya Srivastava Remarries His Wife After 25 Years, Shares a 'Varmala' Pic on 25th Wedding Anniversary. Neighbours reportedly told police they heard a heated argument on the night she vanished and saw Pieper's ex-boyfriend in the building, according to People magazine. Authorities…...
Couple from Kazakhstan allegedly cheated Sydney casino out of more than $1m
1+ hour, 32+ min ago (85+ words) A couple from Kazakhstan have been charged for allegedly fraudulently winning over $1 million at a Sydney casino. Couple from Kazakhstan allegedly cheated Sydney casino out of more than $1m Property News: Wollstonecraft unit vendor slashes reserve by $50,000 to sell for $1.28m. Delays expected again for Jetstar passengers as airlines race to fix Airbus planes Australia's most popular movie genre banned Woman trapped in cave for 12 hours after fall in remote WA Massive industrial fire in Sydney's west could burn for days...
Afghan man charged with sexual assaults and entering Britain illegally
1+ hour, 44+ min ago (179+ words) A man from Afghanistan has been charged with sexually assaulting three women and entering the UK illegally. One of the alleged incidents saw Sohail Amiri, 30, approach a woman on the street and try and kiss her. A spokesman from Hampshire Police said: "Officers investigating three reports of sexual assaults on women in Portswood and Bevois have charged a man. "The charges follow an incident which occurred in Upper Shaftesbury Avenue in the early hours of Tuesday. "It was reported a woman was walking along the road just after midnight when she was approached by a man she did not know who is alleged to have then tried to kiss her. She was able to force him off and run away." Amiri has been remanded in custody at Southampton Magistrates' Court. He will next appear at Southampton Crown Court on Monday,…...
25-year silence & family's 'no grave to visit' pain...Sandra Collins case latest
1+ hour, 50+ min ago (1001+ words) Brother Patrick has made a fresh plea for information ahead of the 25th anniversary of her disappearance. A CLOSE friend and two associates of the chief suspect in the disappearance of Sandra Collins have kept a 25-year secret, her devastated family believe. And Patrick Collins, who was 13 years old when his sister vanished, believes the trio have "crucial information" on the whereabouts of her remains. Sandra was pregnant and just ten days away from her 29th birthday when she was murdered in Killala, Co Mayo, and likely buried in a shallow grave on December 4, 2000. Brother Patrick " who spoke with the Gardai last week as the "active and live" investigation continues " has made a fresh plea for information ahead of the 25th anniversary of her disappearance. He said: "I have no doubt there are at least three people the chief suspect confided in all…...
Two women, 26 & 29, killed in horror crash are pictured - as teen arrested
1+ hour, 50+ min ago (399+ words) An 18-year-old has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving TWO women who tragically died in a horror smash between two cars have been pictured " after a teenager was arrested. Amie Pearson, 26, and Chelsea Carlisle, 29, were sadly killed in the crash " which also left a nine-year-old boy with life-changing injuries. Emergency crews were scrambled to the'collision in Pleasley, Derbyshire, shortly after 6am on Thursday, November 27. An 18-year-old was arrested at the scene on Common Lane on suspicion of causing death by dangerous'driving. Amie, the driver, was travelling with Chelsea and the nine-year-old boy in a Suzuki Alto when they collided with a Vauxhall Meriva. Despite the best efforts of paramedics, the pair were tragically declared dead at the scene. Tragedy as body of woman pulled from water near city centre flats Tragedy as girl, 17, killed in horror crash…...
Two women, 26 & 29, killed in horror crash are pictured - as teen arrested
1+ hour, 50+ min ago (310+ words) An 18-year-old has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving TWO women who tragically died in a horror smash between two cars have been pictured " after a teenager was arrested. Amie Pearson, 26, and Chelsea Carlisle, 29, were sadly killed in the crash " which also left a nine-year-old boy with life-changing injuries. Emergency crews were scrambled to the'collision in Pleasley, Derbyshire, shortly after 6am on Thursday, November 27. An 18-year-old was arrested at the scene on Common Lane on suspicion of causing death by dangerous'driving. Amie, the driver, was travelling with Chelsea and the nine-year-old boy in a Suzuki Alto when they collided with a Vauxhall Meriva. Despite the best efforts of paramedics, the pair were tragically declared dead at the scene. The young boy suffered life-changing injuries and was rushed to hospital, where he remains. Derbyshire Police confirmed three men…...